Things I won't miss about work


As many of you know, this is my very last day at work. I'm taking an indefinite sabbatical to pursue a master's, take care of my boy, and write. Naturally I've been daydreaming about all the things I won't miss about the rat race.

A forced morning routine. I love sleeping. I also love doing my hair and makeup, but not within minutes of waking up. I so look forward to easing into the day at my leisure.

Public bathrooms. I hated public bathrooms when I lived in a dorm, as well. Because, if we're being honest, who doesn't prefer to do their #'s in the privacy of their own throne room?

Concern about sneezing and coughing fits. What's worse than hacking up a lung in the middle of a meeting? Or blowing your schnoz in a shared office? At home, I can go for the gusto.

Passive aggressive memos. When there's food spillage in the microwave or stinky egg salad in the fridge, I only have myself the hubs to blame.

A controlled schedule. Just when college lulls you into believing you can skip out on class when something important comes up, you go back to the days of getting your mom to write you Excuse Notes for work. Okay, not really. But being able to go to the doctor or the dentist or the store without asking permission? Ahh, sweet freedom.

What could you give up about work in a heartbeat?

6 comments:

Melanie's Randomness said...

The constant non-stop sports talk. I work with 5 men, & they never shut up!! I would not miss that if I got fired today!!

Classic Passion said...

The travelling to get there and the smug annoying b******ds who just love it!!!

Ali said...

Good luck on the sabbatical!

#1Nana said...

I retired last year and I gave up stress, high heels and panty hose, and caring about the latest mandate from the Department of Education...yes, life is good.

http://plentifulsufficiency,blogspot.com

Jen said...

Being on someone else's agenda. I'm thinking more and more that I was born to work for myself, but then, you never really work for yourself, do you? Even when you have your own business, you work for your customers. Blah.

Tina said...

Amen. Left corporate America last June and resettled in new Delhi, India. Bon voyage agendas, brainstorming sessions, and emergency client meetings that put a new twist on urgent!

Good luck!

www.sarinights.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

List Lovers Unite

Send an email to listaddicts(at)gmail(dot)com to join the Secret Society of List Addicts
List of Members Secret Society of List Addicts Facebook Group

Top Secret Missives

Enter your details to receive occasional messages from the Secret Society of List Addicts:

Name:
Email:
Subscribe Unsubscribe