New Year's Resolutions You Won't See Me Making

I'm awful at new year's resolutions. There was the year I resolved to stop watching reality TV until the end of the writers' strike. The strike only lasted until February 8th -- by which point I'd cheated and watched, oh, maybe 200 hours of Top Model? After taking a searching and fearless inventory of my personal weaknesses, I've come to this conclusion: I'm awful at self-improvement. So this year I resolve to aim a little lower. Thus, some new year's resolutions you're sure as heck not going to see me making this year:


Eat vegan: Do I like vegan food? Yup! Am I happier, healthier and more energetic when I eat it? Of course. Do I waste that energy running around like a guilt-saddled maniac, devoting countless hours to figuring out what I can eat and how much? SURE DO! Instead: Eat fewer foods that have to, uh, eat food.

Start lifting weights: I admire girls with chiseled arms. I admire them and I fear them. Instead: I dunno, maybe go for a jog? Possibly? And stop hanging out with people who lift weights.

Write the Great American Novel. Instead: Write a pretty good American email?

Stop wasting countless hours of producivity by faffing around on the internet all day. Instead: Restrict internet goof-off time to the office. Nobody really needs me to code invoices, do they...?

Come up with a foolproof organizational system for my mail at home. Instead: Consider starting to open some of my mail, sometimes. If it's not too scary. I dunno. Maybe I'll start that one next year.

How are you NOT resolved to make 2011 the best year ever?

Posted by TKOG from Not That Kind of Girl.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the satire of this list! :)

magnolia said...

hahaha - oh, resolutions. i resolve to make sure my laundry nearly always makes it into the hamper. maybe. if i think about it.

nikki said...

Keep a clean house: Instead I will make sure my husband, kid and I always at least have clean socks and underwear, if not pants and shirts. I will make sure that the dishes don't tower more than a few inches above the top of the sink. I honestly don't think I can resolve to do more than that!

That Kind of Girl said...

Oh man, Nikki, I'm going to steal those. Except they're a little too intense for me. How about do laundry, oh, at least once a season -- definitely clean socks and underwear! Make sure there is at least one clean bowl or plate that is not piled in my sink at a time.

BAM! 2011! Best year ever!

GrandeMocha said...

Was the list written on a maxi pad?

hungryandfrozen said...

I love this :) "A pretty good American email" cracked me up, but that aside I more or less agree with all of these. Revolution shmevolution.

Alpha Power Bear said...

Thhank you for sharing this

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

List Lovers Unite

Send an email to listaddicts(at)gmail(dot)com to join the Secret Society of List Addicts
List of Members Secret Society of List Addicts Facebook Group

Top Secret Missives

Enter your details to receive occasional messages from the Secret Society of List Addicts:

Name:
Email:
Subscribe Unsubscribe