A bit of a girly one today! We all have things we like to splurge on, for me, as with many women, it's cosmetics. I love buying beauty products and when there's something new available I just have to try it. More often than not however, I end up falling back on old favourites, products I use all the time and so far, can't be matched. These are my favourite cosmetic products, the ones I swear by.
- L'Occitane 20% shea butter hand cream - I have terrible circulation that leads to really dry hands, especially in winter. I've been through lots of different hand creams and this is the only one I've ever found that works for a long time and doesn't leave my hands greasy.
- M.A.C. Fafi Eyes 1, sadly limited edition, these colours are perfect on me! Suffice to say I'll be buying them separately when it runs out!
- The Body Shop Vitamin C SPF 15 Daily Moisturiser, it's light and non-greasy, and it works really well!
- Boots No. 7 Protect and Perfect serum, I can't testify to it's wrinkle-reducing capabilities, but since starting to use it after sunburning my entire face at an air show a couple of years ago and becoming totally paranoid about my skin prematurely aging because of it, it makes a really nice base for makeup.
- M.A.C. Studio Fix powder in NW20 - a light dusting of this is all I need on a "good skin" day, and I wear it over a liquid foundation on days I need a little more coverage.
- Perfume! I'm addicted to perfume and I'm a Chanel No. 5 girl at heart, but I find it a little "heavy" for during the day. Currently I wear Vera Wang (the signature fragrance), Christian Lacroix Rouge, M.A.C. MV2 (probably the one I wear most regularly as the bottle is a good size for my handbag), or Demeters Sugar Cookie fragrance when I want to smell like a bakery!
- Batiste Dry Shampoo - it works just as well as all the expensive ones, and is an absolute lifesaver when I sleep in and don't have time to wash and blow-dry my hair.
- Make-up removal wipes - great for travelling and great if you're lazy, like I am! I must admit, I usually buy whatever brand is on offer!
- Avon grapefruit peel-off face mask, I love how fresh and clean this leaves my skin, and I also love trying to peel it off in one piece - I was one of those kids who'd paint PVA glue on my hands then peel it off.
- Mary Kay Timewise Microdermabrasion Set. Mary Kay's not a brand I hear much about in the UK, but I received a few free samples of this and it's become a firm favourite of mine.
Posted by Vixel
Monday, January 19, 2009
- fun times
- guest post
- wise words