I'm a big fan of the Internet. In addition to reading/writing/contributing to a million blogs, I also spend a fair amount of time exploring other avenues of the tubes. It helps that part of my job (the best part!) is experimenting with new things on the Internet, mostly for educational and library related purposes. Some things, though, are too good to not play with, even if they're entirely irrelevant. In fact, the less relevant they are, the more I like them! Here are five of my favorite places to play on the Internet:
1. someecards. Are you in need of an ecard that is both thoughtful, humiliating, and offensive, all while ensuring the recipient a loud guffaw upon reading it? Then get thee to someecards, immediately!
2. Twitter. Oh, 140 characters were never so poetic! Twitter is great because you can read everything from inane updates to actual, important stuff. And with the search feature, you can keep tabs on your town, organization, or even yourself!
3. Flickr. Gorgeous photos, updated constantly. I like to click the Explore tab and zone out, while imaging myself in exotic locales or making up stories about the strangers looking back at me.
4. VeganYumYum. This, and about a hundred other food blogs. I like VeganYumYum because her recipes are delicious, yes, but her photos belong in their own special category of drool. Seriously - have you ever seen a better looking stack of pancakes?
5. Passive Aggressive Notes. Enough said.
What are your favorite weird/funny/interesting/time sucking websites?
- fun times
- guest post
- wise words