Recipes that Never Let Me Down

photo: deathbybokeh

Today's list was inspired by my good friend Zay. I IMed her this morning, asking what I should post on the List Addicts blog today, and she replied instantly. "List three favorite recipes," she wrote back. "Something along the lines of how these recipes are your life savers and are always in use." I knew I could count on Zay! And so, without further ado, below are links to a few regulars from the Kitchen of Chrissy, with a note or two about what makes them so awesome. Bon appetit!
  • Savory Tofu and Vegetables over Tomato Cous Cous
    I found this recipe a few years ago in an issue of Vegetarian Times. Since then, it's graced my table on a weekly basis. The combination of leeks and carrots is awesome, but the real star of this recipe is marinated artichoke hearts. It tastes like heaven but takes less than 30 minutes to get to the table.
  • Chickpea Cutlets
    This is another quick and easy recipe, which can be found in the cookbook Veganomicon. I prefer to bake the cutlets for 30 minutes rather than fry them. While they're in the oven, I make a batch of garlic mashed potatoes to serve on the side. I'm drooling just thinking about it!
  • Strawberry Waffles
    I recently blogged about this simple recipe, and I can already tell it's going to be a regular. Blueberries are actually my preferred fruit, but we were all out.
  • Chewy Chocolate Raspberry Cookies
    Another Veganomicon recipe! (I had no idea so many of these were online!) This past summer, I made these every other day for two weeks and brought them to work, to picnics, to parties, mailed them in care packages, and ate them for every meal of the day. And you know what? I'm still not tired of them.
  • Peanut butter and banana sandwiches, on toast.
    The name of the recipe just about says it all. The one thing I have to add is: YUM!
In case you haven't noticed, I'm a vegan. I am, however, a great appreciator of fine food and find inspiration in dishes outside my own dietary choices. So share your favorites and let's get cooking!
Posted by Chrissy

5 comments:

Erin said...

Black bean smash over brown rice! Sautee some onions and garlic, add a can of black beans, then smash them up with some salt, pepper and cumin, then add some salsa and another can of black beans. Mix, heat, and serve over brown rice. (For non-vegetarians, it's delicious with some chopped bacon mixed in.)

Unknown said...

Just my peanut butter cookies and enchiladas. They're awesome.

I don't often use recipes. I just dump things in that seem like they would taste good together.

just a girl trying to find her place in this world said...

Lasagna - I make my own sauce that is incredible, I use about twice as much cheese as a normal person would, and I stuff it full of sauted mushrooms and sometimes some zucchini

Shepherd's Pie - I am not a huge fan of this, but it is a favorite of some very important people in my life - and it is SOOO easy

Omlettes - so easy to make and you can get super creative with the filling

Bridey said...

+ Fried Rice - it took me years create the perfect recipe!
+ Coleslaw - simple but very tasty
+ Fajitas, Enchiladas, Tortilla Wraps etc
+ Filo Pastry Pies - especially with chicken

Rebecca said...

Fritatta - uses all the leftover vegetables I would otherwise throw out AND tastes delicious.

Scrambled eggs - with buttery toast, cooked tomatoes and mushrooms optional.

Chilli bean mix on baked potatoes with cheese.

My husband will always make crepes, nachos or burritos on call.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

List Lovers Unite

Send an email to listaddicts(at)gmail(dot)com to join the Secret Society of List Addicts
List of Members Secret Society of List Addicts Facebook Group

Top Secret Missives

Enter your details to receive occasional messages from the Secret Society of List Addicts:

Name:
Email:
Subscribe Unsubscribe