photo credit: StevenM_61
Sometimes we surprise everyone - including ourselves! Below is a list of things that I once thought I would never, ever do. And yet here I am, 26.5 years old and the proud of accomplish-er of all them. Kind of makes me wonder what I'll have done, where I'll have gone, in another three, five or ten years. The possibilities are endless...
1. Become a person who regularly runs 6 miles at a time and is training for a half marathon. (In 2nd grade, I was in remedial gym. I've come a long way, baby.)
2. Go completely vegan. (My parents don't believe a meal is complete unless it includes meat. Quite a hurdle to overcome.)
3. Be a librarian. (Mom suggested to become a librarian, and I laughed in her face. Now I think it's once of the coolest professions around.)
4. Live in Texas. (I'm a New Yorker born and raised, but when Texas came calling I had to answer.)
5. Become friends with my sisters. (We fought tooth and nail growing up. Now we hang out together every chance we get, which isn't nearly as often as I'd like.)
Now it's your turn - how have you surprised yourself?
- fun times
- guest post
- wise words