Posted by The Naked Redhead
1. Mac and Cheese--Is there anything better than a hot, salty, creamy bowl of mac and cheese when you're just feeling "bleh"? This unnaturally orange dish has been a favorite of mine since I was a child, and even though now, as an adult, I know it's horrible for me, I still will have a bowl now and then.
2. Ice Cream--DUH. Ice cream is something you can cry into, laugh over, or relax with. It can be enjoyed alone or with friends, and something about this cool treat makes you forget, just for a moment, that you're a grown up with responsibilities.
3. Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup--In my old age, I've graduated into making a "gourmet" version of this meal, usually with some lovely bread, expensive cheese, and homemade soup (easy to make, and smells delicious). Autumn in Ohio almost demands that one eat copious amounts on a daily basis.
4. Italian...anything--Anytime I feel especially "off", a hearty Italian meal can make the world seem right for a moment. Any culture that loves to group carbs, delicious vegetables and cream onto one plate gets an A+ in my book.
5. Cinnamon Rolls--The smell of cinnamon and baking dough...gorgeous, creamy frosting...need I say more?
What's your favorite comfort food?
- fun times
- guest post
- wise words