Five Totally Random Things I'm Fascinated By


I regularly get told that my interests are "random", "eclectic" and that I "don't look like the type" to be interested in the subjects that I find fascinating. This may however, be the reason I have a long list of subjects I'd like to study academically at some point. Here are five of my so-called "random" interests:
  1. Hacking and hacker culture - I've no idea where this came from, it's just something I've found really interesting from quite a young age. I don't have the technical skills to be part of it, but reading about other peoples' technology exploits amazes me!
  2. Religion - I was brought up Catholic, but as I became more sceptical of the religion I also became more interested in it's history and similarities to other religions. Theology is definitely one of the subjects I'd like to study sometime.
  3. "Weird" illnesses - I guess because I have my own fair share of relatively rare medical quirks!
  4. Drugs - I'd never try them, but I find it really interesting how things like heroin were sold as cough remedies and given to kids! I love all the old advertising too!
  5. Space Travel - I'm just a big nerd!
Do you have any totally random fascinations that are completely contrary to what people perceive as your image?

2 comments:

Stef said...

Quantun Physics/Philosophy
yes, together, maybe that's why they think it's random
Rock and Roll history
Horticulture

Anonymous said...

1.Jack the Ripper


2.Religions-I was brought up Catholic as well but I love hearing about other religions. Recently my fav one to learn about are pagan/Goddess centric religions.

3.Old cameras/tech i.e. typewriters
I discovered my Dad's old film camera (from the 70s!) and feel in love with film. I also have a 120 film camera and a Polaroid.

4.Alice in Wonderland

5.Gothic culture/fashion
I'm not a Goth but I love the Victorian Age and of course I read Poe's stories in school and grew to love the macabre so the subculture interests me.

6.mental health
It facsinates me! Treatments, old asylums, anything.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

List Lovers Unite

Send an email to listaddicts(at)gmail(dot)com to join the Secret Society of List Addicts
List of Members Secret Society of List Addicts Facebook Group

Top Secret Missives

Enter your details to receive occasional messages from the Secret Society of List Addicts:

Name:
Email:
Subscribe Unsubscribe