Things I'll Never Quite "Grow Out Of"

Posted by The Naked Redhead

Ice cream cones--Sure, eating ice cream out of a dish is less messy, but getting my favorite ice cream (with sprinkles!) makes me feel carefree and happy.

Giggling at the word "duty"--...or other such nonsense. I apologize, I know that immature humor or laughter at silly words is ridiculous, but boy, I sure don't want to grow out of it. Harboring a little bit of the 7th grader in me has made many a boring meeting fly by gracefully.

Playing in my bare feet--Just last week, my nephews and I played basketball in the driveway, sans foot wear. I loved the sound of their little (and now not-so-little, with my oldest nephew turning fourteen today!) feet slapping on the asphalt. And oh, how lovely the grass feels on naked toes.

Bugs Bunny--Just the other day, I heard Dave Chappelle credit Bugs Bunny as one of his comedic heroes. The cartoons might be oldies, but yes, they are still goodies. The Rabbit of Seville? Classic. AND, it still makes me belly laugh to this day. (Haha, the link is in Spanish!)

Feeling pretty in a dress--Ok, ok, I used to HATE dresses when I was a little girl, but now that I'm older, I'm finding my inner princess...and IT'S AWESOME. On days when I'm feeling "blah", I simply have to throw on a dress to feel just a bit better.

What won't you "grow out of"?

5 comments:

Classic Passion said...

Eating Frosties and can't say the other

Luinae said...

Eating slurpies- they are so yummy and fun and remind me of summer.

Playing Hide and Seek- Don't judge me.

Kat said...

Hi there! I sure can stop giggling at most things...and I'm still not over my furry animal toys.

Vixel said...

I still have a house full of plushies!

Also, I have told my other half that when we move house we *are* going to build a box fort in our new living room!

Melanie's Randomness said...

Woohoo for Bugs Bunny!! I used to watch his cartoons ALL THE TIME!! It's soo sad tho now kids barely know who he is cuz he's just not on TV anymore.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

List Lovers Unite

Send an email to listaddicts(at)gmail(dot)com to join the Secret Society of List Addicts
List of Members Secret Society of List Addicts Facebook Group

Top Secret Missives

Enter your details to receive occasional messages from the Secret Society of List Addicts:

Name:
Email:
Subscribe Unsubscribe