Completely Ridiculous Reasons I'll Bawl Like a Baby

Posted by The Naked Redhead



I'm not a crier.  Period.  I've actually had friends look shocked when I've cried, and have even had one friend go so far as to ask, "Um, can I hug you?"  But there are a few reasons that I will immediately cry...no BAWL...like a baby.  Here they are, in no particular order:

1.  Any animal related tragedy--My mom often tells the story of one Saturday morning when I was about ten and I came rushing downstairs SOBBING.  After her initial incorrect guess that one of my brothers had popped me one (not an unusual occurrence, really), she finally dragged out that I had just completed my first viewing of Where the Red Fern Grows.  To this day, I can't watch 3/4 of the shows on Animal Planet.

2.  Any unexpected kindness or goodness in a person (real or fictional)--Usually if I'm watching a movie and a questionable character suddenly reveals pure motives (anyone catch Glee last night?) I'm DONE.  Oh, and don't even get me started on if someone whom I don't really care for or know gives me a hug when I'm angry or upset.  DONE.

3.  Unsolicited kindness--A few years ago, I was going through an extremely difficult time in my life.  Without prodding, one of my friends looked at me for a moment and then out of nowhere said, "You're a good person, you know that?"  Sheesh!  I'm getting all teary even thinking about it.  (BTW, if you're thinking something nice about someone, SAY IT.  You never know how much your words can mean to someone in that moment.)

4.  Any time one of my friends is broken and hurting--I'm usually the "strong" (read:  "practical", "levelheaded", or "bitchy") one in my friendships, but I can't handle it when one of my favorite people bawls in front of me.

5.  Getting so angry I could break something--Every once in awhile, I'll get so mad, the tears flow like a river.  And then I get more mad because I'm crying.  Gah!


What gets your waterworks going?

17 comments:

Brittany said...

I completely agree with any tragedy related to animals... I can't watch the Fox and the Hound because it traumatized me as a child.

And unexpected kindness will definitely open the flood gates. I cried while watching GLEE last night, who knew Sue had it in her?

Also nursing homes always make me cry. I can't go to them .

Erin said...

Every Pixar film ever made.

Anonymous said...

Nursing homes, unexpected kindness, and commercials with hurt little kids in it, or any of the SPCA commericals, and seeing close friends hurt where I can not help in any way, will get me going everytime.

~Being Samiantha

Miss Sofia said...

I tend to cry when I'm really angry, just like you. I just can't help it, tears flow down my cheek and then I'm more upset because I wanted to punch something, or break something, not break down in tears.

Leanne said...

Story of my life.

NGS said...

The movies Beaches and The Notebook. I've seen them both multiple times and I STILL cry every time. Because I am a fool.

Luinae said...

The end of Lord of the Rings. Every time. Even though I KNOW it has a happy ending, when everything starts to be happy and all things work out the way they should, I bawl. SO HAPPY.

The Naked Redhead said...

Haha...you guys are SAPS! :D

Heather said...

Oh gosh, I totally agree. I NEVER watch Animal Planet because I don't want to see the animal cop commercials. And when I'm watching a movie where two people finally realize they love each other, I cry cus I'm so happy. My boyfriend always makes fun of me... XP

Beatrix said...

Reading point number 3 made my face crumple up and a few drops squeeze out.

Oh and the people hugging you or asking 'what's wrong?' when you're angry or upset. That does me in every time.

Jenni said...

All of these. Yes. Also, seeing happy pictures of people who underwent some kind of horrible tragedy, or any indication of people being happy who no longer are. Kills me every time.

Anonymous said...

Deep frustration, usually accompanied by a knot in my throat is the most common (almost only)reason I cry
that and ANY movie that plays Somewhere over the Rainbow, even if it's happy or silly

Stephany

Emma said...

OMG, thank god its not just me! I got all of those reasons but I thought I was just being a baby when I cry when people are seriously nice in movies!

The Naked Redhead said...

Hey Emma, I don't know if you'll come back to this post or not, but your comment form is seriously broken on your site. You can type a comment in, but when the word verification comes up, it's cut off, so you can't enter the word or finish off entering your comment....Just FYI! I was trying to leave you a thank you for linking to us here at SSoLA, but couldn't. :(

Jackie said...

#s 1-3. Totally.

Unknown said...

hello guys i feel very happy regarding the contains of this site .
i think it is better to improve the con taints of this site.............



hello , "ONE CLICK CAN CHANGE YOUR SEARCHING STYLE" just make click to know about me and to the world of music......
. click me:freemp3download

Unknown said...

Oh, Lord... everything on your list. I am the exact same with my friends (the strong, practical, etc.) and I'm also the oldest, so I feel really protective over them... Needless to say, their pain is my pain.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

List Lovers Unite

Send an email to listaddicts(at)gmail(dot)com to join the Secret Society of List Addicts
List of Members Secret Society of List Addicts Facebook Group

Top Secret Missives

Enter your details to receive occasional messages from the Secret Society of List Addicts:

Name:
Email:
Subscribe Unsubscribe