Things I Know Are Good For Me But I Hate Doing

Tash blogs about accents, creativity and music over at Little Flutters. Though she currently resides in Washington DC, her heart belongs to Australia.

1. Breaking out into a sweat
Unless I have someone telling me to do that extra 20 sit ups, I'm not going to do it. Unless I pay someone money to get on my back for one hour of the day, I will run 10 minutes on the treadmill and happily slink home to a hot cup of milo and a film. Cause hey, I burned calories. I admit, I do need to maintain my body every once in a while, otherwise, I'll die sooner than need be but I won’t sweat myself silly unless I'm in a class environment.

2. Eating vegetarian
Ok, I don' hate doing this. It's a lot of fun and vegetables take less time to cook compared to meat products but oh - my - god, vegetarian options at restaurants suck ass. And when I'm faced with the option of lovingly slow-braised for five hours *insert meat* or a Caesar salad, the salad looses. Sorry, world.

3. Cleaning my house on a day to day basis
Boring but necessary. I'm one of those people who lets things accumulate over a three month period, tackles it all in four hours, and then needs a nap afterwards. I'm trying to do it every day, but when I get home from work and I see my little pile of jackets/books/computer misc, it's all too easy to dismiss it as a trivial little pile without seeing the big picture.

4. Waking up early
When I wake up at 6am and do something constructive, like exercise or write a blog post, I'm on top of the moon. I've completed an important achievement before midday. I can spend more time doing the things I love. I can eat an awesome, relaxed breakfast. But holy fuck, it is so hard to negotiate with my brain at that hour unless there's no other option. I could blame it on the welcome hug of a warm body in my bed, but it’s my lack of self-discipline. Snooze = loose. And I loose too often.

What do you hate doing that you know is good for you?

10 comments:

Sweet Spectre said...

Oh I can relate. Also, I saw that dog picture on We Heart It and I love love love it. So cute.

Luinae said...

I can soooooo relate to all that you said. Especially the first one.

Stacey said...

Oh so true, for all of these!

Miss Sofia said...

Ooooh, I totally agree on all of these. Also studying daily. I know people say it's better to study a little everyday, but I always end up pulling an all-nighter right before the test.

Noelle de Novo said...

Going to bed at a decent time! It's like I'm afraid of sleep or something.

Heidi Rose said...

I completely agree with all of these!

Alexandra said...

All of the above for me too!
Plus exercising on a daily basis. I know it's good for me, but more often than not, I just can't seem to peel off my butt from the chair/couch.

Tash said...

Going to bed at a decent time and waking up early goes hand in hand. A hand shake that I rarely, rarely participate in. Noelle de Novo I feel your pain. I just have so much more energy at night.

Alexandra, you mean we have to exercise on a daily basis? I am doomed.

Anonymous said...

I like to exercise. I just hate waking up early! Vegetarian? I like veggies, but there is no way that I could give up meat! :)

Anonymous said...

Please oh please learn the difference between 'loose' and 'lose'. It hurts my soul.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

List Lovers Unite

Send an email to listaddicts(at)gmail(dot)com to join the Secret Society of List Addicts
List of Members Secret Society of List Addicts Facebook Group

Top Secret Missives

Enter your details to receive occasional messages from the Secret Society of List Addicts:

Name:
Email:
Subscribe Unsubscribe