What I'd Do if Money Were No Object



I was reading a Q and A with an author the other day where she explained that the gorgeous apartment depicted in the story she'd written was the one she'd build if money were no object.  Her statement got me to thinking a bit...what would I do if I didn't have to think about the money at all?  Here are a few things I came up with:


Go to a Beautiful Beach for an Indefinite Amount of Time--Renee Zellweger, in response to questions about how she lost her Bridget Jones weight so fast, basically said that, "I know I'm lucky...not everyone has the luxury of going to the beach for two weeks and doing nothing but run and eat fish and fruit all day."  And, while that was just her weight loss plan, I thought it sounded like the most wonderful way to live EVER.  I think it'd be awesome to wake up every morning to the sound of waves and the smell of fresh fruit and salt air and then take a long run with the dog in the sand.  Siggghhh...I might just stay forever.


Buy Ridiculously Expensive Shoes--I am a bargain shopper at heart (we all kinda are here in the Midwest), but boy if I wouldn't have a RIDICULOUS shoe collection if money were no object.  I mean...RIDICULOUS.  I probably wouldn't buy a new car, but I'd buy five inch Louboutins like it was my job.


Host an Extravagant Party--It can be for charity or for whatever...I don't care.  I would love to just entertain people for one evening with over-the-top food, drinks, music and giveaways.  And hell, why not, they can even bring newspapers to donate to the local dog shelter as their "cover charge".  

Quit My Job and Participate in Artsy Stuff that doesn't Pay Crap--Suddenly I wouldn't have to choose between a paycheck and something I loved because I was too tired or too busy or whatever.

Travel--No explanation needed, really.

What would YOU do if money were no object?

Posted by The Naked Redhead

5 comments:

maya said...

1. Build my own house on an amazing plot of land from scratch without cutting corners
2. Decorate the house with AWESOMEness stuff!
3. Whole new wardrobe of clothes that actually fits and suits my body
4. Get a maid to clean my house EVERYday while Im at work
5. Buy out an entire scrapbooking shop :o)

Kalei's Best Friend said...

1. Donate to my favorite charities
2. Payoff my mortgage
3. Help my bf build his dream home on Maui... He's got the land...
4. Re do my house even tho its only 6 yrs. old.
5. Add to my investments.
6. Own a plane and crew to fly it to wherever I want to go.
7. Have a contract w/a limo company that can drive my parents out to me whenever they want to visit.

Gabi Dickinson said...

I'd open the orphanage I long to build.

Stella said...

Have a farm.

Build my dream house.

Open a no kill animal shelter.

Travel around the world

Buy my favorites book first editions

Open a library/bookstore :)

Jen said...

I think about this often, which I probably shouldn't because it gets depressing. If money were no object, I'd like to think I'd live the same life, but doing more of what I love and less of what I don't. I'd pay off the mortgage on my house (or buy a new slightly larger and newer house in cash) and all of my debt, I'd travel a lot more, I'd quit my day job and focus on my writing and volunteering for causes close to my heart. I'd build a walk-in closet to organize all my clothes. I'd get a bigger, but practical car. I'd have a condo in the Caribbean on a beautiful beach and in the mountains slope-side, so I can get the best of both worlds I adore so much.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

List Lovers Unite

Send an email to listaddicts(at)gmail(dot)com to join the Secret Society of List Addicts
List of Members Secret Society of List Addicts Facebook Group

Top Secret Missives

Enter your details to receive occasional messages from the Secret Society of List Addicts:

Name:
Email:
Subscribe Unsubscribe