My favorite sweets


Well, ladies and gents. I've given up meat for Lent. Which naturally means I'll be consuming way too much junk food to make up for the sacrifice. Here are my faves:

Galaxy/Dove chocolate. Didja know that Dove chocolate is exactly the same as that fabulous British confection?

Apple O's. You know them—the electric green and white jelly rings that look and taste nothing like apples.

Cinnabons. If you don't live in a place where Cinnabons are readily available, my condolences.

Praline ice cream. I'm not a big fan of nuts in sweets, but coat them in carmelized sugar and I'm game.

Okay, so maybe I only dream of all this junk food. I'm feeling a bit diabetic at the thought of it. But it's nice to pretend like you're on your way to Willy Wonka's from time to time.

So what're your favorite sweets?

12 comments:

Melanie's Randomness said...

strawberry ice cream & tootsie rolls!! Oh & Starbursts, the pink ones!

Literary Crap said...

Dove chocolates! Sour Patch Kids! Fudge from Mackinac Island (undeniably the greatest source of fudge in the world)!

Rachael said...

Pear and Buttered Popcorn Jelly Bellies
Nerds
Dark Chocolate Reeses
Honey Stix

Kalei's Best Friend said...

Have to agree w/u on the praline ice cream... german chocolate cake...its the icing that gets me...snickers....but if i had to pick one for everyday it would be a nonfat chai latte from starbucks.. yeah, that is what would satisfy me

Marie said...

gummy bears (especially the Target brand ones)
mint chocolate chip ice cream

Erin said...

Wow, I think I need to add to my list! And I can't believe I forgot Sour Patch Kids. They're an all-time fave of mine.

Jen said...

Oh I have not had Cinnabon in a LOOOONG time, but I heart it. So good!

Emily said...

There is sooo much candy in my kitchen right now. My roommate and I took advantage of the post-Valentine's sale. :P

Hersheys, Reeses peanut butter cups, mm. I'm not a huge ice cream fan, but wrap it in mochi and I'll devour it. And I looove fruity candies. Now & Laters, Mambas, Jolly Ranchers and the like.

The Naked Redhead said...

You like Apple O's, I like Peach O's! Yum.

PhotoPuddle said...

Well if you read my latest blog entry you'll realised I'm not fussed what sweets I eat.

http://itsallaboutthephotos.blogspot.com/

I am thinking really hard of a favourite though. Hmmm. I guess if I had to have just one sweet thing forever it would be milk chocolate. Mmmm.

Classic Passion said...

I have a very serious snickers and kit kat addiction

Law Girl said...

Twizzlers - I eat them while I study

Belgian waffles - The real ones you get from a street vendor in Brussels, covered with powered sugar and still warm. YUM.

Anything with peanut butter and chocolate

Green tea mochi - ReticentPurple I'm a fan of the mochi too! I think it beats regular ice cream anyday.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

List Lovers Unite

Send an email to listaddicts(at)gmail(dot)com to join the Secret Society of List Addicts
List of Members Secret Society of List Addicts Facebook Group

Top Secret Missives

Enter your details to receive occasional messages from the Secret Society of List Addicts:

Name:
Email:
Subscribe Unsubscribe