PS--see all these cute vintage fashions at liebemarlene vintage, one of my favorite vintage fashion blogs!
Remember when Jessica Simpson wore those mom jeans? She probably though they looked super cute on a 6' model with no butt or hips and then tried to put them on her own gorgeous, curvy frame. FAIL. Fortunately for me, I've (mostly) learned what does and doesn't look good on me...but that doesn't mean I'm not envious of the girls who can pull off certain looks like a breeze. Here are a few I'm particularly chartreuse with envy about:
1. Cute little pixie cuts. Have you SEEN how adorable Carey Mulligan and Ginnifer Goodwin are with their boy cuts? I, on the other hand, would look completely ridiculous in one of those haircuts. And if you don't believe me, I'll be happy to show you my 7th grade picture.
2. Leggings. I always think the girls that wear leggings and big sweaters look so cozy and comfy and fit. Sigh...first of all, I'm way too old for leggings. Second, my butt will not allow it. Third, I look ridiculous.
3. Strapless, non-sweetheart neckline dresses. Renee Zellweger is queen of these, and she always looks fantastic. Curse you, wider shoulders and flat chest! Anytime I try on an adorable little sheath dress, I instantly look more like a man. I'm pretty sure my voice even gets deeper and I suddenly sprout hair on my butt. Attractive, no?
4. Effortless, hippie/boho-chic style. Oh, those flowy skirts and light airy tops. I look homeless in them.
5. Drop-waist anything. I love the vintage girl that can pull of an adorable sailor dress. Alas, this is one girl that needs to define her waist, not her hips.
What do you think looks cute on other people?
Posted by The Naked Redhead
- fun times
- guest post
- wise words