Awesome Things About Spring


You guys! It's almost here! Before you know it, you are going to be able to expose your skin to the air! Without a layer of wool between the two! That fact alone is worthy of four exclamation points. Let's take a few moments to fantasize about the season that is juuuuussst around the corner.

1. The Smell of Dirt
Demeter knew what they were about when they this into a perfume. This smell truly makes me want to skip around in a pair of plaid Wellingtons.

2. The Opportunity to Wear Rain Boots with Dresses
Because could it get any cuter? Answer: no.

3. Buying Daffodils
And then stuffing them in an old milk bottle, putting them on a window ledge and pretending that you live in a Martha Stewart magazine.

4. Riding Your Bike Everywhere
Yeah, it's a little too cold. And yes, you occasionally ride through puddles and get water up your back. But it's so.much.fun.

5. Totally Premature Barbecues
In Minnesota, any temperature above 40 is barbecue weather. You huddle outside in your sweaters and scarves, shifting your weight from foot to foot as you stand on a pile of grey, melting snow and smell the barbecue smoke wafting up from every other house on the block.

6. Putting Away Your Winter Clothes
Goodbye thick wool sweaters! See you later, Sorels! Eskimo coat? You know I love you, and it isn't personal, but I think we need to see other people for a while.

What do you love about Spring?

posted by Sarah Von

11 comments:

The Naked Redhead said...

The smell, the smell, always the smell.

Kalei's Best Friend said...

1. Seeing the bulbs I planted in previous Falls come up...
2. Wearing shorts again...I'm in Cali, and its warmer.
3. Buying new clothes for summer
4. Daylight savings- sun will hang around an hr. longer.
5. Warmer weather!.

Law Girl said...

Not having to wear a coat to work!

Sandals and flip flops

Walking and riding my bike around the city

Cooking out in the backyard

Opening the windows

Kathryn Sutton said...

Love Spring! Although, just when I thought we were heading into it, we got hit with a massive snow storm - not impressed!

x

http://sparklesmiledance.blogspot.com

Sarah G said...

This may not make me very popular...but all of the things on your list are already happening where I live (west coast of Canada). And you're right. They're wonderful!

Melanie's Randomness said...

Seeing that first Robin or Blue Jay. When i see one I know its spring!!

Danielle said...

Bare toes, for sure. As soon as I can stand it I break out my sandals, even if I'm still wearing sweatshirts and my winter jacket.

MA said...

I can't wait to put away my winter clothes... and I live in Phoenix. Haha. Great list!

Literary Crap said...

Taking my little dog for a walk without either of us drowning in snow! Walking to class without my face going numb! Wearing sandals!

I'm so excited now!

#1Nana said...

The first quail hatch of the season. I love seeing those marshmallow sized ball of fluff scamper across my lawn.

Kate @ Tres Lola said...

Slipping into thongs instead of boots!

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

List Lovers Unite

Send an email to listaddicts(at)gmail(dot)com to join the Secret Society of List Addicts
List of Members Secret Society of List Addicts Facebook Group

Top Secret Missives

Enter your details to receive occasional messages from the Secret Society of List Addicts:

Name:
Email:
Subscribe Unsubscribe