1. Carbs...really, really starchy ones--Really, is there anything more soothing for a grumptastic mood than a big, steaming bowl of mac and cheese? Or creamy pasta? No, I think not.
2. A massage--The Boyfriend is good at these, but sometimes, I'll throw in the cash to let a professional at this stupid neck of mine. How can you be grumpy when someone is literally smoothing your stress away? That's right...YOU CAN'T.
3. Cleaning--Yeah, I'm one of THOSE weird ones. A picked up, clean-smelling space always does wonders for my mood. Like, I feel like if I can eat off my super-spotless toilet seat, maybe not all is wrong with the world.
4. Finishing a long over-due project--I was supposed to file those bills months ago, and I sure don't want to do it NOW when I hate the world, but somehow, getting a little project like that done makes me think that maybe I don't hate the world so much after all.
5. A nap--I posted on Twitter the other day that men think about sex every seven seconds, but I think about naps. And it's (mostly) true! I'm a girl that needs her sleep, so even just a little twenty minuter can do wonders for my mood.
What about you? How do you get over a grumpy mood?
Posted by The Naked Redhead
- fun times
- guest post
- wise words