Who here LIKES going to the dentist? Hm, hm? Anyone? I used to like it, until I had to manage a dental office, and now the places just skeeve me out and mostly remind me of a few of the worst years of my life. So imagine how I felt when I had to go to the dentist recently and:
1. I had to call the office THREE TIMES before I reached someone, because apparently no one answers the phone at "lunch time"...which appears to fall between the hours of 11:30 and 2.
2. I made sure to specifically ask the office to schedule a longer appointment for me and...
3. I arrive at my appointment only to find they've not only NOT scheduled me for the allotted time, but the dentist also cannot complete all the work in one day.
4. The work I was having done is cosmetic and doesn't really work so well with the "let's do it in two stages thing," since, you know, "cosmetic" generally means we're taking the teeth from looking one way to looking another. So if you do it in "stages" that means some teeth look shitty and other teeth look BLINDINGLY WHITE OH MY GOD THE JESUS AND THE RAPTURE.
5. The office manager got snippy when I asked if there were any cancellations and if I could please, PLEASE come in for the doctor to finish the rest of the work since, oh, you know, I work with people all day and my teeth currently look like a row of summer corn. It's my FACE, not a CAR. You can't just wait for the "right parts" to come in.
What do you/don't you like about the dentist?
Posted by The Naked Redhead
- fun times
- guest post
- wise words