Yeah, I Get Ridiculously Sentimental About Random Things. So?

Yup, I'm a magpie




Um...so I'm usually pretty good at brutally culling through my stuff every six months or so, but I've found that I'll often just randomly save the weirdest things because I can't seem to let it go.  For instance:

A tiny tin box that mints came in--No, this is not even an Altoid box.  It's a box that came from the dentist as a promotional item.  But it's small!  And the top slides!  And one day I might put like, Advil in it or something!

McDonald's toys given to me by a co-worker--These toys are silly.  I know this, and yet I can't help but feel slightly guilty every time I think of throwing them away.  I AM THIRTY ONE YEARS OLD.  I DO NOT NEED HAPPY MEAL PARTY FAVORS.

Any sort of cleverly shaped item--Are you a fun little packet of floss?  Do you have a cute hook on you for convenient hanging?  Can you slide into a pocket with ease?  Yes, I'll keep you.

What random things do you get sentimental about?

5 comments:

magnolia said...

i am a compulsive saver of ticket stubs and fortune-cookie fortunes that "TELL ME SOMETHING." i still have the receipt from the beer i bought the night i first kissed my boyfriend. i am twenty-nine, not fourteen.

(but speaking of teenage silliness, i also still have the book the boyfriend gave me when we graduated from high school twelve years ago, complete with his earnestly-penned inscription to me. i will never, ever get rid of that.)

KittenMittens said...

hahahah YES!!! I keep random stuff too. It's terrible. Small box. Yes, I might need it to store small stuff one day. Shoe box? Sure I have like 8 but I can put stuff in there!
Theatre, concert, sports tickets? Yup. That's where the little boxes would come in handy, yet I can never find one when I want one.

Kinder surprise toys from the chocolate my mom bought me for christmas. kept.
Little testers that come out of magazines like perfume packets that pop out, or lotion. I might use it one day!

I have a 3 drawer thingy in my bathroom that holds all sorts of random small things. Even hair clips that don't fit in my hair. In case they will one day when I figure out the right way to use them :D

The Naked Redhead said...

I think we are kindred spirits, my crazy friends. :)

Karolina said...

Oh, I have the same;) If I hadn't, my place wouldn't be so cluttered.
I keep all sorts of notes and doodles - caricatures of teachers, funny poems. Also, used pens that no longer work, but are pretty,not to mentions tons of little notebooks and scrapbooks that are lovely, but will probably never be filled - or those that are entirely filled with random stupidity and lists in any of my many more or less incomprehensible handwritings...

Suniverse said...

I love saving tiny things. LOVE IT. But then I can't shut my desk drawer.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

List Lovers Unite

Send an email to listaddicts(at)gmail(dot)com to join the Secret Society of List Addicts
List of Members Secret Society of List Addicts Facebook Group

Top Secret Missives

Enter your details to receive occasional messages from the Secret Society of List Addicts:

Name:
Email:
Subscribe Unsubscribe