Xmas Presents 2008!


If you look closely, you can see that the photo is actually a wedding cake, but of course, this list is about this year's Xmas presents! The best gifts I received for Xmas 2008 were:
  1. Various cheques from various family members - money is a really good thing right now. 
  2. A granite pestle and mortar from my brother and sister-in-law - a totally inspired gift, I've wanted to buy one myself for a long time but haven't because they're so heavy to carry home from the shops!
  3. A beautiful silver charm bracelet! A great gift in particular, as I am apparently very difficult to buy for. This means people can now get me charms for future birthdays and Xmasses
  4. DVDs of Transformers and The Science of Sleep, both of which have been on my wish list for quite a while. 
  5. Books: Kim Edwards' The Memory Keepers Daughter, Eat, Drink and Be Gorgeous by Esther Blum, Stephen Fry's An Incomplete and Utter History of Classical Music and Letters to a Law Student by Nicholas J McBride. 
  6. The usual chocolates, cosmetics etc. all gratefully received! 
What fabulous gifts did you get for Xmas this year?

Posted by Vixel

8 comments:

Unknown said...

1. $55 in gift cards for Barnes and Noble!
2. Super cute clothes
3. The new Harry Potter Tales of the Beedle Bard book
4. Homemade hot cocoa mix
5. New earrings. I'm really picky when it comes to buying and wearing earrings, so I've worn the same earring for about...well...three years now. I decided I needed a change, and I really liked the earrings that were picked out for me =]

Beth said...

1. A mod blue jacket! It makes me feel like a deranged marching band leader who escaped from the early 1960's!
2. Orange headphones!
3. Money! (Usually considered gauche in my family, but I'm going away next semester, so it is totally wonderful, as I don't really have a need for 'things')
4. Earrings that look like they fell out of a Klimt painting!
5. Socks/Longsleeved shirts/chocolate- unbearable practical things I never bother buying for myself.

In all, a very appreciably practical Christmas. Oh, and the gifts I gave were wonderful too.

Zay said...

1. Sewing machine!!
2. Awesome bracelet watch
3. The Tales of Beedle the Bard, Collector's Edition
4. Big money from parents

Bridey said...

1. Some much needed (and much appreciated) money from my parents
2. Faux fur hat with matching mittens
3. Spanish phrase book
4. 2009 Ciak diary
5. Lots of chocolate!

Scribbles said...

1. A purple GHD travel kit - straightener, clips and travel hairdryer that all fold up together.
2. Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Perfume
3. Clothes from both little sisters that fit well and look gorgeous.
4. Giant glittery butterfly brooch from cousin
5. A 1kg box of cherries which I've already managed to demolish!!

NaomiCartwright said...

1. A pair of walking boots which I was impossibly excited about. I can't wait to get camping in 2009.
2. Eye cream from my sister. (I'm convinced I'm starting to get wrinkles)
3. A handy arm band from my parents that I can strap my ipod too when I run which was a really unexpected but thoughtful present.
4. A spice rack complete with spices that will be fab cooking, although I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to get it back to London...
5. A gorgeous silver leaf necklace from one of my best friends.

Rebecca said...

01. Two Georg Jensen flower bracelets.
02. Luxury white bathrobe.
03. Patent clutch.
04. Lovely perfume.
05. Lamps for the bedroom.

Scribbles: When I lived in NZ an Aunty would give our family a large box of cherries every year and it was the best present.

Anonymous said...

green Fujifilm camera
Influence by Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen
Hanson shirt
Marc Jacobs apple watch necklace
Pretty in Pink
tights
gloves

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

List Lovers Unite

Send an email to listaddicts(at)gmail(dot)com to join the Secret Society of List Addicts
List of Members Secret Society of List Addicts Facebook Group

Top Secret Missives

Enter your details to receive occasional messages from the Secret Society of List Addicts:

Name:
Email:
Subscribe Unsubscribe