This post is about those wonderful things that make us feel a little guilty, but are far too good not to indulge in once in a while. The things that break the rules slightly, are a little unhealthy, are too expensive to cost-justify but make life that little bit more enjoyable. These are some of my guilty pleasures, what are yours?
- A nice long lie-in, even though there are lots of things I should be doing with my day.
- Trashy celebrity gossip magazines - I only ever spend money on them if I'm on a long train journey, but I love reading them on a semi-regular basis in the canteen at work too!
- Really good wine - I unfortunately have expensive tastes!
- Takeaway for dinner, there's something about getting food delivered that makes it taste so good, especially if it's really cold and miserable outside (which also adds to the guilt-factor, I always feel sorry for the poor delivery person!) and you can't be bothered to go food shopping.
- Rich chocolate cake, bad for the diet but fabulous for the mood!
- Posh scented candles, I'd have them all over my house if I could afford it!
- Washing my clothes with huge amounts of fabric conditioner (at least twice as much as it says on the bottle) then surrounding myself in soft, lovely smelling fabric!
- Just doing... nothing! It's great!
Monday, February 02, 2009
- fun times
- guest post
- wise words