When life gets crazy (and mine certainly has this last week) we all cling onto certain things - rituals, habits, certain treats, that help to ground us and keep us sane. Here are some of mine:
- EFT - I was amazed that this worked for me as well as it does, but it helps to calm me when things start getting crazy and focusses my thoughts.
- Re-doing my makeup - A bit of lipstick and powder works wonders for my confidence, and often helps me face a difficult situation better.
- Washing my hair - If I'm at home, often taking a long shower and washing my hair is all I need to feel relaxed, clear-headed and focussed. It also helps me to organise my thoughts - I do all my best thinking in the shower!
- Go for a walk - just 10 minutes down the road and back can work wonders!
- If I can't get away (for example if I'm at work), a cup of tea can work miracles!
- If I'm working at my PC at home, a few rounds of solitaire will help me re-focus.
- Watching something amusing and mindless (episodes of South Park for example) helps me forget about things temporarily, so that I can look at them with fresh eyes later, having given my brain a rest.
- A deep breath of fresh air, particularly if it's freezing cold really helps to clear out the cobwebs!
What do you do to keep yourself sane when everything is getting a bit crazy?
Monday, February 16, 2009
- fun times
- guest post
- wise words