There are many of these lists all over this fabulous Internet of ours, however this list contains things I've done which are sure-fire signs that I spend far too much time online.
- I have an unlimited data contract on my phone and as such, have checked my email in the middle of parties before.
- If I'm asked a question I can't answer I immediately Wiki it.
- I bought a measuring scoop to measure ingredients in cups because although most recipes in the UK are done by weight, most recipes I use are found online and therefore invariably American.
- I consider taking a break from a piece of work to be opening a new browser window to do some trivial browsing for a while, without leaving my desk.
- When passing a Macdonalds and feeling a bit hungry, I turned to my other half and said "I can has cheezburger?" (and was then mildly embarassed!)
- I give my computers names.
- Before I spend any money on a new product, I always consult the blogosphere for reviews!
- I find it very hard to keep in touch with people who aren't on Facebook or don't have blogs.
- I'm typing this at my parents' house where I'm staying for the week, and I took a router with me so I didn't have to be without Internet on the rare occasions my Father uses his PC.
- Instead of reaching into my pocket I've used an online coin-flip to make a decision.
- I'm on dozens of mailing lists because of the amount of free samples I've applied for.
- I identify with almost all of the items on most of the other Internet addiction lists I've seen!
What amusing, silly or downright geeky things have you done in the name of Internet addiction?
Monday, February 09, 2009
- fun times
- guest post
- wise words