Things I´ve Bought That I Love

photo



Oooh, let´s give ourselves over to some hedonistic consumerism, shall we?! I´ll dish on some of my favorite, bestest purchases if you´ll dish on yours!



  1. Clinique Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector: Or as I like to call it ¨Robot Face¨ because when I use this magical, magical stuff I look like a cross between a Botticelli-clam-shell-stander and those weird human robots from A-I.


  2. Lint Eating Machine; Do you have any Virgos in your life? Because they will love you forever if you get them one of these. And while you´re at it, get one for yourself. It will rejuvinate your favorite sweater and allow you to buy all those cute, pilly cardigans at the Salvation Army.


  3. Black Harem Pants: I bought mine in 2006 from a street vendor in Italy. Half as a joke and half as sleeping gear for the train. So no one was more surprised that me when I found myself wearing them every blessed day of the last three summers. Because they´re comfy! And match everything! And vaguely weird/fashion forward without being totally ridiculous! Just somewhat ridiculous.


  4. IKEA Poang Chair: I know, I know. IKEA furniture is nigh on disposable. But this chair is so insanely comfortable! And it doesn´t burn my retinas the way Eazyboys do. And it costs less than one paycheck.


  5. Dr. Scholl´s Massaging Gel Insoles: I have the feet of a Jane Austen heroine - thin and pale and ridiculously high arched. And yet I will insist on buying $11 novelty ballet flats from Target. To make up for this, I buy a pair of these insoles and tuck them into every blessed pair of shoes that I have. So great! I am, indeed, gellin´.

What about you? What purchases have you made that are worth their weight in gold?


P.S. This list is inspired by the fantastic and hilarious blog Things I Bought That I Love. It´s now defunct, but I promise, you´ll want to read through every single post. It´s written by Kelly Kipoor from The Office!


Posted by Sarah Von

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

1. A pair of leather sandals. The leather was like butter, so soft, and I wore them for years until they literally fell apart. I miss those shoes!

2. A swirly black skirt to wear in summertime. It was light, felt so good to wear, and had a really sweet piece of black filmy fabric peeking out the bottom that made it extra feminine.

3. A Martin guitar that sounds SO sweet.

4. Eucalyptus Spearmint sugar scrub from Bath and Body works. Mmmmmm...

AfroDandy said...

That lint eater is going on my birthday wish list.

1. New Nail Polish (I did the Zoya nail polish exchange and I am loving it)

2.Minnetonka Moccasins they are magically comfortable and they were on sale.

3.Alba Hawaiian Sea Salt Body Scrub is so luxurious

4.Teavana glass tea tumbler, I actually bought it for my mom , I am going to buy one for myself

5. All the Miss Jessie hair products, I don't know if they are better then the other products I use, but they make my hair smell like happiness and sunshine.

Lanika said...

definitely have a lint eater.
died of happiness when I found out how well it works, because I pretty much live in sweaters. I'm serious, half of my closet is sweaters, the closet looks like it belongs to a sweet little old lady who has a penchant for every single shade of grey.

somewhere else said...

lint eater: how much and where from?! Googling it came up with an entirely different dryer cleaning type product.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

List Lovers Unite

Send an email to listaddicts(at)gmail(dot)com to join the Secret Society of List Addicts
List of Members Secret Society of List Addicts Facebook Group

Top Secret Missives

Enter your details to receive occasional messages from the Secret Society of List Addicts:

Name:
Email:
Subscribe Unsubscribe