Animals I do NOT Like


I am an animal nerd like none other. I will notice your dog's new haircut and tell him that he's handsome. I will eagerly await the release of the movie G-Force (OMG! Secret Agent Guinea Pigs!) and I will refer to my BFF's cats as my "Kitty Nephews."

However, there are some animals that even I can't muster enthusiasm for.

  1. Snakes: Because, dude. Where are your legs?

  2. Eels: You're like snakes, but less esthetically appealing. And you're in the water which makes you even grosser.

  3. Axolotls: A restaraunt in the town where I went to college inexplicably had a tank full of these digusting creatures in the dining room. Whenever I ate at said restaraunt I would always stop and mutter hateful things into the aquarium on my way to the bathroom.

  4. Flying Fish: For the longest time, I fostered a bizarre nightmare involving being in a boat that was inundated by a school of flying fish and getting one caught in my hair. And then I read The Life of Pi and had my worst fears confirmed! Or as much as fears can be confirmed by a work of fiction.

  5. Tapirs: Dude. You are not a proper animal. You are the bastard child of a threesome between a donkey/pig/elephant. Also, I suspect you smell really bad.
What animals fail to float your boat?
Posted by Sarah Von

7 comments:

The Naked Redhead said...

I don't mind the Axolotls, but I HATE spiders, and I really despise those GIANT toads they have in like jungles and Australia and stuff. Ugh.

Anonymous said...

- Spiders. Spiders scare the bajesus out of me.
- Certain snakes are okay, but the scary poisonous ones I cannot stand.
- Dogs are cute, but I'm afraid of them. So, I usually put them under the "animals-I-do-not-like" list. I'm working on warming up to them because I think owning a bloodhound would be neat.
- Cicadas. One landed on me once a few years back. It was huge and I screamed my head off.

Christina Hicks said...

SQUID! I HATE squid, especially the idea of Giant Squid. *shudders* However, I have a deep deep love for octopi, weird, I know.

Anonymous said...

Horses, Hamsters, CATS, kind of dogs cause I'm a little afraid of them

Bridey said...

+ Pigeons
+ Seagulls
...actually any animal that tries to steal my food when I'm not looking
+ Leeches
+ Naked Mole-rats (check out this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naked_mole_rat and you will totally understand)

darya said...

Animals I love (of the aforementioned)
*tapirs
(and as a former zoo volunteer, I can tell you they smell no worse than horses, and are really sweet and cuddly, or the one I worked with was)
*naked mole rats
they are cute, and holding one in your hand is so weird, because the warm, naked creature, whose soft heartbeat you can feel is actually ALIVE


Animals I hate
*leeches
(hate hate hate taking them off after wading through a marsh or pond!)
*spiders
*snakes
(because they are poisonous, bite and are totally uncuddly and have the nasty habit of sneaking up on one)
*elephants and hippos
huge, angry and annoyingly stupid. Prone to attack humans for no apparent reason
*also, wild boar and horses. For the same reason.

MsThackeray said...

nooo, i love axolots! they´re so cute and look like they´re smiling! And you can pet tapirs into a trance, so they´re cool, too.

I detest pigeons and seagulls. Dirty, horrible creatures. But my worst fear in the animal kingdom are scorpions. *shudder* they´re like little horrible machines of DEATH.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

List Lovers Unite

Send an email to listaddicts(at)gmail(dot)com to join the Secret Society of List Addicts
List of Members Secret Society of List Addicts Facebook Group

Top Secret Missives

Enter your details to receive occasional messages from the Secret Society of List Addicts:

Name:
Email:
Subscribe Unsubscribe