This weekend I had my final set of tutorials on my law course for this year, and now ahead of me is nearly four weeks of entirely undirected revision for exams. I have therefore been assembling my revision essentials, I am convinced I work better if I have all these things to hand!
- Coloured pens - preferably glittery gel pens, they make note-taking so much more fun, plus I find gel pens really comfy to write with and I always need to practice writing by hand ahead of any exams - I type almost everything!
- Coffee - Although I try not to cram late into the night like I used to, coffee helps me stay alert enough through the more boring bits!
- Notebooks - pretty ones, a new one for each subject. Revision is a good excuse for me to indulge my stationery obsession!
- Space - I spread all my books out so I can see them all at a glance, so I need lots of desk / floor / bed space when I'm working!
- Patience - That of other people, I get stressed and end up a completely useless person to live with!
- Snack food - As well as the jar of nutella I like to keep on my desk at such times, I also need a variety of snack foods to keep me going. I try and keep them healthy and preferably low calorie, as I eat a lot when I'm studying!
- Mindless TV - To watch when I've finished for the evening, it helps my brain to go to sleep when my body is craving it!
If you've got exams coming up, good luck! What are your studying essentials?
Monday, May 11, 2009
- fun times
- guest post
- wise words