Summer has a flavor all its own, doesn't it? There are just certain foods that are never quite as delicious as they are this time of the year. Here's what I'll be stuff my craw with June-August.
- Corn on the cob, straight off the bbq, all smoky and slightly caramelized
- Caprese salad. I once went through a phase where I spent $15 a week on fresh mozz!
- Cherries by the bushel
- Homemade popsicles (pudding pops! mashed strawberries! passion fruit with mango juice!)
- The Best Couscous Salad in The Land (yes, it's practically the same as a Caprese salad. I don't care)
- Hobo potatoes, straight off the grill
- Curried potato salad (so innovative! so yummy!)
- Strawberries dipped in sour cream and then brown sugar
What are you eating this time of year?
Posted by Sarah Von
Tuesday, June 02, 2009
- fun times
- guest post
- wise words