Summer Music!

1, 2, 3, 4

These are the songs that remind me of summer even in the depths of the coldest winter, and the songs that always make me smile and energise me when the sun is shining! The titles link to YouTube videos so you can enjoy them too! 

  1. Ash - Burn Baby Burn - A bright bouncy song that was always played at the free music festival held at my uni each year. 
  2. Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel - Make Me Smile - An oldie that's terribly cheesy, but at the Isle of Wight Festival some years ago it was immensely fun to jump around and sing along to in the August sunshine!
  3. Dir en Grey - The Final - Reminds me of the 24 hot hours in Berlin  some friends and I spent seeing the band then soaking up the history of the city all night. (It's about suicide but don't let that put you off, it's a really great song!)
  4. Manic Street Preachers - No Surface All Feeling - One of my favourite songs, I think it sounds best on a warm summer evening over drinks on a balcony, watching the sun set. 
  5. Feeder - Buck Rogers - I don't think I know anyone who doesn't have a soft spot for this song! It's yet another one that reminds me of festivals and happy summery times!
  6. Bon Jovi - Living On A Prayer - Because summer seems to be a great time to break out the cheesy hits, and what could be a better representative of cheesy songs that get everyone dancing and singing along?

What are your feel-good summer songs?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNhNLi2oac8
Summertime Guys- Nikki Cleary

Bridey said...

+ Wandering Eye by Fat Freddy's Drop
+ American Pie by Don McLean
+ Doin Time by Sublime
+ Luna by Smashing Pumpkins
+ Californication by Red Hot Chili Peppers
+ So True by Black Seeds

Ahh, summertime I miss you!

Mavis Ang said...

kokomo by Beach boys
island in the sun by Weezer

Bombshellicious said...

Wake up its a Beautiful Morning by Boo Radleys

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

List Lovers Unite

Send an email to listaddicts(at)gmail(dot)com to join the Secret Society of List Addicts
List of Members Secret Society of List Addicts Facebook Group

Top Secret Missives

Enter your details to receive occasional messages from the Secret Society of List Addicts:

Name:
Email:
Subscribe Unsubscribe