Impractical Things I Want to Buy Anyway

  • Typewriter I will probably only use it once or twice but at least it will still be aesthetically appealing!
  • Cowboy Boots I like the idea of wearing cowboy boots but they will probably end up at the back of the wardrobe...
  • Polaroid Camera Even though the film is expensive, the novelty factor makes up for it.
  • Husky Although they have a reputation for being stubborn and contrary dogs I think they are a better option than a wolf, which is my first choice.
  • Vintage Suitcase It may be hard to carry and be limited in packing space, but a brightly-coloured sticker-covered vintage suitcase is much more interesting!
  • Another Journal This sounds like a reasonably useful thing to buy, except for the fact that I currently have four five half filled journals.
Do you have your heart set on spending hard earned money on something impractical and/or frivolous?

Posted by Bridey

7 comments:

Michelle Schraudner said...

I have a small collection of vintage suitcases. That I never use. Ever. They're really pretty though!

Chelsea said...

@Michelle: Have you ever read White Oleander? I love what she does with her suitcases at the end of the novel.

I want an e-book reader so badly!! But the price makes the possibility of my getting one a little on the low side. :C

Ana said...

I think a typewriter is actually very practical if you want to do projects or scrapbooks or stuff like that :)
I'd love to have a Polaroid Camera as well -- I think the end product is awesome.

lissa said...

yes on typewriter, polaroid camera (definitely want one of these!), and ditto on the journal, I've got a couple and don't use them but they make so pretty who can resist?

and there's a long list of other things I want to get but that's way too long to mention here...

Kortnee said...

I agree with everything you've said, hah.

Rebecca said...

I always dream of a typewriter too!

+ Stationery, stationery, stationery
+ An expensive handbag

Anonymous said...

I have seen stacks of vintage luggage stacked as (impractical) storage. So beautiful. Yes on the typewriter though, a must!

Really though, I just had to say that I love the Husky point... they are more practical (and a little more boring) than the wolf that we really want. When other girls asked for ponies I secretly wanted a fox.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

List Lovers Unite

Send an email to listaddicts(at)gmail(dot)com to join the Secret Society of List Addicts
List of Members Secret Society of List Addicts Facebook Group

Top Secret Missives

Enter your details to receive occasional messages from the Secret Society of List Addicts:

Name:
Email:
Subscribe Unsubscribe