Things About My Dad That Are Awesome

In honor of Father's Day, let's take a moment to sing the praises of the men who raised us. Awesome stuff about my Pop?

1. He was in the intelligence branch of the Navy. What? Yes. What's up, Spy Dad?

2. He gave up the life of international intrigue to teach sixth graders in rural Minnesota about the importance of knowing our history and appreciating other cultures

3. He has driven the following places a) from Minnesota to Alaska and back b) all over Europe c) all over New Zealand and Australia. I'm a pretty mediocre driver so this impresses me to no end.

4. He's not afraid of occasionally tearing up and saying big, emotional things.

5. He's also not afraid of dancing around the living room to Dire Straits, playing air guitar on a badmitton racket.

6. He has some of the best legs ever seen on a man over 60.

7. He taught me how to build a fire, roll a sleeping bag and paddle a canoe.

8. From him, I inherited my ability to tan, my compulsive organization and my crooked pinkies.

Happy Father's Day, Dad! I love you!

What's great about your dad?

Posted by Sarah Von

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

1) He introduced me to the magical world that is science fiction films!

2) He's a great artist.

3) He's great at Chess and is constantly online playing with people around the globe.

4) He sucks at remembering names, but still remembers jokes I told him when I was five.

5) He's a member of Mensa.

6) He's a jack of all trades: master electrician, amazing chef, painter, graphic designer, etc etc.

Jezzabelle Giggles said...

its my birthday today and.. i remembered every single bit of it :)

Anonymous said...

1. Thanks to him I grew up on an airfield and it was amazing.

2. I can call him any time and know he will come and get me if need be

3. He went back to uni at 47, graduated with a good grade at 50 and found a new job.

4. He is my dad.

Erin said...

My dad is a great cook and a loving, involved grandpa.

Cafe Fashionista said...

I just stumbled upon this blog, and I'm in love. I too am a list addict! :)

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

List Lovers Unite

Send an email to listaddicts(at)gmail(dot)com to join the Secret Society of List Addicts
List of Members Secret Society of List Addicts Facebook Group

Top Secret Missives

Enter your details to receive occasional messages from the Secret Society of List Addicts:

Name:
Email:
Subscribe Unsubscribe