In honor of Father's Day, let's take a moment to sing the praises of the men who raised us. Awesome stuff about my Pop?
1. He was in the intelligence branch of the Navy. What? Yes. What's up, Spy Dad?
2. He gave up the life of international intrigue to teach sixth graders in rural Minnesota about the importance of knowing our history and appreciating other cultures
3. He has driven the following places a) from Minnesota to Alaska and back b) all over Europe c) all over New Zealand and Australia. I'm a pretty mediocre driver so this impresses me to no end.
4. He's not afraid of occasionally tearing up and saying big, emotional things.
5. He's also not afraid of dancing around the living room to Dire Straits, playing air guitar on a badmitton racket.
6. He has some of the best legs ever seen on a man over 60.
7. He taught me how to build a fire, roll a sleeping bag and paddle a canoe.
8. From him, I inherited my ability to tan, my compulsive organization and my crooked pinkies.
Happy Father's Day, Dad! I love you!
What's great about your dad?
Posted by Sarah Von
- fun times
- guest post
- wise words