It's the middle of winter down here in the Southern Hemisphere, and one of my favourite ways to pass a rainy Sunday afternoon is playing cards or a board game. Here are my current favourites:
- Spoons One of the reasons I love playing Spoons is becuase I've never lost, but the main reason is because it is awesome!
- Cranium It's like all the best board games rolled into one.
- 500 Even though I usually get a bit carried away with the bidding and lose terribly
- Rummikub It's a bit quieter than most of the games I like, but is good when you're in the right mood
- Backgammon Mostly becuase of the sound of the dice being shaken in a wooden cup. It's just not the same without it!
- Monopoly Especially when playing with people who appreciate "creative" deals and exchanges
Posted by Bridey
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
- fun times
- guest post
- wise words