My Favourite Card/Board Games


It's the middle of winter down here in the Southern Hemisphere, and one of my favourite ways to pass a rainy Sunday afternoon is playing cards or a board game. Here are my current favourites:
  • Spoons One of the reasons I love playing Spoons is becuase I've never lost, but the main reason is because it is awesome!
  • Cranium It's like all the best board games rolled into one.
  • 500 Even though I usually get a bit carried away with the bidding and lose terribly
  • Rummikub It's a bit quieter than most of the games I like, but is good when you're in the right mood
  • Backgammon Mostly becuase of the sound of the dice being shaken in a wooden cup. It's just not the same without it!
  • Monopoly Especially when playing with people who appreciate "creative" deals and exchanges
What are your favourite card or board games?

Posted by Bridey

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

-13
-Texas Hold 'em
-Clue
-Uno
-Life
-Scategories

Abi said...

Yay, I love old fashioned games. We usually play on holiday during the summer or late at night though. My faves are:
- Backgammon
- Rummy
- Monopoly (I always win)
- Cluedo
- Yahtzee

Unlike you I can't stand the sound of dice being shaken and thrown. I have sensitive hearing and it's physically painful so I insist on everyone shaking with their hands and I put a towel or something on the table to muffle the sound of them landing. Funny how peoples' likes vary so much!

Jezzabelle Giggles said...

- chess
- checkers
- snake n ladders
- trouble
- uno
- chinese checkers
- Monopoly

Anonymous said...

I LOVE GAMES!!!
* euchre
* rummy
* monopoly
* clue
* apples to apples
* the game of things(i think that this is a target exclusive).
* uno
* spoons

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

List Lovers Unite

Send an email to listaddicts(at)gmail(dot)com to join the Secret Society of List Addicts
List of Members Secret Society of List Addicts Facebook Group

Top Secret Missives

Enter your details to receive occasional messages from the Secret Society of List Addicts:

Name:
Email:
Subscribe Unsubscribe