My Favourite Fairy Tales


I've always loved fairytales and mythology, which makes it hard to narrow the list of my favourite stories. But my commitment to list-making helped me to pick my top choices:
  • Baba Yaga When I was at primary school this story was so popular that everyone would hide the only copy of the book so they could read it at story time
  • The Little Mermaid Living under the sea sounded like a lot of fun when I was 5, now not so much
  • Rumpelstiltskin Maybe because I could identify with his temper tantrums...
  • Rapunzel I always wanted super-long hair (but wasn't sold on the idea of letting people climb it)
  • The Princess & the Pea Because it was quite likely that I was actually a princess without realising it, and one simple test could reveal it!
  • Sleeping Beauty I'm not really sure why this story appealed so much. I suspect it may have been something to do with the longest sleep-in ever.
What were your favourite fairy tales when you were growing up? What about now?

Posted by Bridey

4 comments:

Erin W said...

Growing up, the Little Mermaid. Now, Peter Pan.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

EDIT - Mine were (and still are):
The Traveling Companion
The Twelve Dancing Princesses
Little Red Riding Hood
Dinotopia (I know it's not really a fairy tale, but I always think of it as one. The mystery of a secret island where dinosaurs and humans live side by side. It seems fairy-tale "ish" to me.)

Nicole Ioma said...

I remember I used to swim around the swimming pool pretending I was a mermaid! It's still my favorite Disney movie... but you're right, I don't really like the idea of living in the ocean anymore.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

List Lovers Unite

Send an email to listaddicts(at)gmail(dot)com to join the Secret Society of List Addicts
List of Members Secret Society of List Addicts Facebook Group

Top Secret Missives

Enter your details to receive occasional messages from the Secret Society of List Addicts:

Name:
Email:
Subscribe Unsubscribe