Songs I Must Have Heard A THOUSAND Times

credit


Heart of Gold by Neil Young. This might be my mom's favorite song, I'm not sure. And I might have known the lyrics to this song before any other.

Ice, Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice. This was my favorite song at age 11. I wore out the tape and carried the liner notes with the lyrics on it in my pocket. You know, for reference.

Open by The Cure. This is the first song on the Wish album. From age 15 to 17 I listened to at least half of this album EVERY DAY while I fell asleep. Open is the first song on side one of the tape. I wore through three of these bad boys.

Half a Person by The Smiths. C'mon! "Sixteen, Clumsy and Shy. This is the story of my life?!" Honestly, no better lyrics ever written.

Baby I Love Your Way by Big Mountain. Let us be honest with one another; I love this song because I love making out.

(Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay by Otis Redding. Yes, there are parenthasis at the beginning of that song title. For almost a year and a half, when I worked five or six days a week in a blues club down south, this song played no less than three times a day. That means, of any song ever, I just might have heard this one the most. It holds a really soft spot in my heart.

What songs have you been hearing forever?

Posted by Darcie

4 comments:

ivy said...

DONT BE LAZY and miss out on this incredible FREE opportunity.
Start earning cash TODAY

HAVE A QUICK LOOK.
IT WILL ONLY TAKE A MINUTE OF YOUR TIME.
I PROMISE YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTSD
http://www.freedom.ws/sfl23430

CrazyPeopleI'veWorkedWith said...

Had a good laugh at Ice, Ice Baby. Liked that one too, way back in the day ;)

Kate @ Tres Lola said...

Saw Neil Young do Heart of Gold at this years Glastonbury - was amazin live! Huge group sing-a-long.

Matty said...

Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

List Lovers Unite

Send an email to listaddicts(at)gmail(dot)com to join the Secret Society of List Addicts
List of Members Secret Society of List Addicts Facebook Group

Top Secret Missives

Enter your details to receive occasional messages from the Secret Society of List Addicts:

Name:
Email:
Subscribe Unsubscribe