My Favorite Embarrassing Movies


Jasmine lives a life full of love, adventure and school in Long Beach, CA. Follow her exploits over at An Experiment in Poverty.

I think I have pretty decent taste in films for the most part, but Ialso have a secret collection of DVDs that I'm ashamed to admit towatching. They're mostly pre-teen juvenile stuff. I'm 27! I shouldn'tbe watching things starring Hilary Duff, but they entertain me forsome reason. I'm not sure why I'm sharing my shame in public. I guessI'm hoping someone will validate my sometimes awful taste in movies.Here are my most embarrassing favorites:

1. The Lizzie McGuire Movie
I swear I tear up a bit when she sings at the end on stage in Rome. Ithink I actually saw this in the theatres. Oh dear.

2. Center Stage
I'm almost not even embarrassed by this one. Sure the acting's bad,but the dancing is terrific!

3. Au Pair 1 & 2
These are probably the worst in the pacl. They're MADE FOR TV forcrying out loud!

4. Avonlea: Season One
I love a good moral of the story with a Canadian accent.

5. What A Girl Wants
I can't help it! I think Amanda Bynes is sweet!

What movies do you hide in the back of your DVD collection?

9 comments:

Ana said...

I actually saw The Lizzie McGuire movie yesterday, haha! I'm seventeen, and I absolutely love teen/chick flicks. I think I'll still love them and the stars in them too (Lindsay Lohan, Hilary Duff and Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen included) when I'm about eighty. Show your teen flicks proudly, they make you feel good :D

The Naked Redhead said...

Don't be ashamed of Amanda Bynes! Another Bynes flick, "She's the Man", is not only a hilarious Shakespeare knock-off, it has amazing one-liners, tampons up the nose and CHANNING TATUM. Flaunt it, girl, flaunt it! :)

kristine said...

LOOOOOOOVE Avonlea too! Really far from embarassing--although my husband looked at me like I was insane when it arrived again from Netflix.

Marie said...

I love Bring it On and all of the sequels. While I don't own them, I do faithfully watch them every time they are on TV.

Eyeliah said...

Hey, I'm not embarrassed about Center Stage (lol) or Save the Last Dance. I suppose he Princess Diaries and the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants aren't my best moments. :)
Okay Maire, the Bring it On sequels is a good one for this list, those look so bad! But maybe so bad it's good.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

There is NO shame in loving Center Stage! Sweet sweat.

Melissa said...

As a Canadian, I heartily approve the 'Avonlea' selection!! I've got the first Anne of Green Gables in mine. Favourite cheesy movie that I watch when I'm feeling down: You've Got Mail, with Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan.

Joy said...

Hi, I chanced upon your blog this morning (Yes and Yes), I forget how. : ) I saw this link and thought, wow secret society of list addicts... I am not alone. :p

Anyway, this comment is 3 months late but yeah, I love the Anne of Green Gables series, too (and I'm 25, heh)! I only got to watch the movies online 'cause I don't know where I can find copies here. But I read the books. : ) I'll be following your blogs from now on. : )

That Kind of Girl said...

Haven't seen most of these but, dude, LOVE the first two! My family has a tradition of watching Center Stage every Thanksgiving. Well. My mom, sister and I -- my dad hides until it's over.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

List Lovers Unite

Send an email to listaddicts(at)gmail(dot)com to join the Secret Society of List Addicts
List of Members Secret Society of List Addicts Facebook Group

Top Secret Missives

Enter your details to receive occasional messages from the Secret Society of List Addicts:

Name:
Email:
Subscribe Unsubscribe