Posted by The Naked Redhead
I always think that I'm totally weird for doing certain things until someone else is like, "Oh, I do that, too!" So, in the name of gathering a little moral support, here are a few weird quirks I have that are probably not all that weird.
1. Keeping my food separate--This Thanksgiving was a good example of this, since my rather large family decided to do the whole meal "buffet style." I arrange all my food on the outer edge of the plate, and I make sure that nothing touches. I don't know why I do this--I'm perfectly fine with casseroles, so why not--but it sort of skeeves me out to have my food touch. I also have to eat it in order, clockwise. Again, I have no idea why this is.
2. Toilet Paper Over--I am a firm believer that my trips to the bathroom will be enhanced by a toilet paper roll that is hanging over, not under. I've actually been known to switch rolls in places that are not my home, which is probably a little rude. OH WELL.
3. Watching horrific surgeries, but not horrific horror movies--I loved TLC when it was actually, well, The Learning Channel. I loved when they showed all the surgeries and I could sit there for hours watching a corneal transplant. On the other hand, I HATE horror movies with all the blood and gore. Yuck.
4. Labels Out--I like to arrange my food stuffs so I can see what they are. This means that some of my cupboards look really neat, which is not my intention. It's not necessarily anal-retentive so much as it is, "Oh hey, I'd like to know what I'm eating."
5. Refusing to abbreviate while texting--I KNOW it's shorter to type out "where r u?" but I just can't do it. It hurts.
What are your weird personal quirks that are probably not all that weird?
- fun times
- guest post
- wise words