1. Walking my dog--The dog and I are super good at walks when it's lovely out, but when it's raining? Or cold? Well, we just sit inside, and then one walkless day passes, then two...then all of a sudden, he's a crazy-pants animal and does weird OCD things like walking around the house and opening and shutting all the doors with his nose. So yeah, I'd like to be better at walking the dog every day.
2. Getting rid of things I have a feigned sentimental attachement to--Really? I really NEED to keep those pants because I used to love cargo pants and because I used to love them, I should love them still? And they're somehow important to my life? No, TNR, no. Just donate the suckers already.
3. Losing touch with people--Yeah, there's Facebook, but I don't spend enough actual time with people who aren't in my immediate circle of friends. For shame. I really MISS my old co-workers, but for some reason, I don't ever make an effort to re-connect as much as I should.
4. Ignoring problems in the hope that they'll just go away--Well, this never works, does it. Crap.
5. Moving on from an unhealthy food choice--All the experts say that if you eat something you shouldn't, just forget about it and continue to eat healthily the rest of the day. But no...I get it into my head, "Well, I ate ONE donut, and that ruins EVERYTHING, so I should just have icecream." I'm definitely getting better at this one, but that doesn't mean that there aren't days when the only green thing I'll eat happens to be a piece of candy.
What would you like to be better at? (<--Besides not ending sentences with prepositions?)
Posted by The Naked Redhead
- fun times
- guest post
- wise words