1. My animals--One of my cats would be super resourceful in the event of the earth cracking to bits. But the other two? Well, one would be swallowed up while waiting by his food bowl, while the other would cuddle close to the lava spewing from the ground because it's warmer there.
2. My old baby blanket--Yes, I still have it. It's kept away in a box with a few other childhood keepsakes, but I'd dig it out because a) it's really soft and warm and b) it could be used as clothing if necessary and c) I'll need something to calm me down after the earth is destroyed.
3. A pair of sensible shoes--If there's one thing you can count on when the world is blow to bits by itself, it's that there will definitely be uneven terrain. Cute spectator heels will not do in this situation.
4. My great-great-great Grandmother's pig cookie jar--What...it's been in the family for generations, and my grandmother gave it to me because she knew I'd take care of it. And, if I'm lucky, it'll actually have cookies in it, which I can sell at exorbitant prices or trade for other goods like socks to wear with my sensible shoes.
5. A notebook and pen--I'm pretty sure laptops and phones won't work, so I'd blog using paper and pen. One copy...and then my readers could pass it around. Links will take awhile to load...sorry.
What 5 items would you save in a disaster?
Posted by The Naked Redhead
- fun times
- guest post
- wise words