Things I'd have in my house if I were rich

 From T. Jefferson's hizz-ous, Monticello

Last night as I was wading through mountains of dirty laundry on the floor, and I thought to myself: I wish I had some place where I could just toss this and not have to look at it any more. And so began my list of things I'd have in my house if I were rich.

A laundry chute. No more piles of laundry on my bedroom floor. With the added bonus of throwing funny and/or inappropriate things down there for laughs. Because I wouldn't be handling the laundry, that would be...


A housekeeper/grandmotherly cook. Someone along the lines of Hannah from Little Women. More like a family member who magnanimously does everything for you.

A dumbwaiter. I don't have stairs in my current home, but I imagine lugging stuff up and down stairs would be a pain in the rear. Also, my housekeeper could send up my brekky so I could eat it in bed.

A lagoonish pool. So this one isn't useful per se, but I'm a California girl at heart. I need a body of water nearby, and my kid's paddle pool isn't cutting it.

What would you have in your house if money was no object?

Posted by Erin of The Fierce Beagle

8 comments:

liz said...

Haha, I love the laundry chute idea! I would also want a glamorous walk-in closet, basically like a separate bedroom, and a wrap-around deck :)

Mandi said...

A water slide. A fireman's pole that runs through the middle of the house. 37 puppies.

Anonymous said...

My grandma's house had a laundry chute and we LOVED being able to throw towels down there!

KittenMittens said...

A big friggin fountain of awesome. Ginormous. Right in the middle of the house. People would say, "Why does this crazy chick have a damn waterfall in her home?"
Answer: Just 'cuz.

maya said...

A study with book shelves to the ceiling
A pantry that you can walk intoFULL of food
A scullery that has a door you could close and hide all the unwashed dishes
A walk in closet
An art room, stocked FULL of the perfect art supplies
A work room with a wide screen PC, colour and b&w copier, laminator, binder and scanner
A childrens playhouse in the garden
A fireplace that someone else cleans

Kalei's Best Friend said...

I'd have a male companion who is loyal, trustworthy, respectful of people, open, doesn't tell lies...not afraid to show his vulnerable side, a great lover who is not selfish, also be a good cook, repairman, willing to learn anything, good listener, traveler, sense of humor....
Hmm, guess there is not enough money in the world for that, huh? lol

Anonymous said...

The house I grew up in had a laundry chute! (randomly in fact) We loved it as kids! if you tried to stuff too much clothing down there and it got stuck between floors you had to throw stuff down there that was heavy enough to make it move. We also would talk to each other through it (you know, instead of walking up and down the stairs).

Jezzabelle Giggles said...

Wouldn't mind that steaming gadget all dry cleaners use. its just easier than ironing!

A round bed - dont know why but ive always wanted one :P

A Zen Garden with a huge Buddha stone feature.

and exactly what Mandy said (above) :P

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

List Lovers Unite

Send an email to listaddicts(at)gmail(dot)com to join the Secret Society of List Addicts
List of Members Secret Society of List Addicts Facebook Group

Top Secret Missives

Enter your details to receive occasional messages from the Secret Society of List Addicts:

Name:
Email:
Subscribe Unsubscribe