Presents I'm Buying Myself for Christmas This Year


After all, 'tis the season to show your affection to everyone you care about, right? So how could I forget the person I love most of all?!

A bottle of Damrack Gin. I do believe this is my new mid-shelf gin. It's distilled with candied cirtrus and a breath of hibuscus. Where most gin smells like old people and racism, a tumbler full of this elixir is like wearing tweed slippers on a Caribbean island.

Professional tooth-whitening. After many years of Diet Cokes and full-tar smokes, my smile is in need of some extra wattage. And thanks to an amazing deal from Groupon, this frivolous vanity is finally in my budget!

A new pair of tweezers. Nothin' sexy about this, but mine have been missing since August, and I think it's finally time to give up hope that I'll ever find them. Preferably before I start looking like Fozzie Bear.

An hour-long deep tissue massage. Fun fact: there is literally nothing I like more in the world than paying someone to rub oil on my back and then basically beat me up. And after getting seventeen grad school applications in the mail, I'll deserve it.

A new Moleskine notebook. I'd probably also accept a moleskin notebook. I just need a place to store my to-do lists, blog ideas, random phrases that pop into my head, and Post-It comics. Whatever works, y'all.

Come on, you know you've been extra good this year. What little treats are you sticking under your own tree?

Posted by TKOG from Not That Kind of Girl.

7 comments:

magnolia said...

my treat comes early - friday evening, to be precise. when i finish this god-awful take-home exam, i'm packing my things, loading the rental car and taking a two-week road trip to see family and friends back south. i. can't. WAIT.

nikki said...

Nothing for myself this year. The husband and I aren't buying each other gifts. We just had to shell out for a new TV, and that's our gift to each other. (FWIW, it's a pretty nice TV)

I did just have to redeem some Visa points before they expired. And even though I had exactly enough point to buy this $60 Leapster game my kid wanted, I decided to go with an Amazon giftcard plus two free movie tickets instead. I figure a lot of the shit I was using my Visa for was for my kid anyway. So Merry Christmas to me!

Stephanie said...

I'm buying myself curtains & coordinating sofa pillows with my Christmas bonus from work! I've had my eye on them for months and I can't wait. I'm the most old lady 23 year old you may ever meet, but it's going to delight my soul to have a somewhat cohesive feeling living room.

Suniverse said...

Gin smells like old people and racism? HELL YES IT DOES!

I want a massage, too.

#1Nana said...

If the tweezers have been gone since August, you probably have already seen Fozzie Bear in the mirror!

Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Textbook buyback money = new winter coat! I've been lusting after a coat like this for a while, and I've been well overdue for one. Plus it's PRETTY!

Anonymous said...

I bought myself a MacBook since tomorrow is my last day at my current job and I have to give them back the laptop. It was A LOT to spend knowing I have to go weeks without a paycheck till the new job, but it was totally worth it! I've only been using it a couple days and I LOVE it already!

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

List Lovers Unite

Send an email to listaddicts(at)gmail(dot)com to join the Secret Society of List Addicts
List of Members Secret Society of List Addicts Facebook Group

Top Secret Missives

Enter your details to receive occasional messages from the Secret Society of List Addicts:

Name:
Email:
Subscribe Unsubscribe