Posted by The Naked Redhead
If you read my blog, you’ll know I wrote yesterday that my family isn’t big into Christmas, and it’s not something we celebrate much this time of year. I’m not trying to be a Grinch or whatever, that’s just kind of the way it is (honestly, we usually do some sort of celebration in January or February...so we celebrate, just not right ON Christmas). But just because I don’t put out cookies for Santa on Christmas Eve, it doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy some of the perks that come with the holiday season. For instance:
1. Christmas Ales and Drinks—I will drink ANY Christmas Ale. I will drink just about ANY Christmas-y type drink (‘cept Egg Nog, which is naaaasssttty). I love all the spices and flavors. Yum.
2. Sights, Scents and Sounds—Seriously? I could shove some nutmeg up my nose and die a happy woman. I love pretty lights. And of course, I do enjoy a little jazzy holiday music ‘round this time of year.
3. Good Sales and Deals—Now of course we all know the BEST deals come after January 1, but the deals on, well, STUFF this time of year are pretty fantastic. And since I don’t have to feel bad about buying for myself this time of year, I don’t. And I always get a pretty good bang for my buck.
4. Silly Movies—Why “Love Actually” is still watchable after the 15th time, I’ll never know. Same with “The Family Stone”, “The Grinch”, and of course, “Rudolph.”
5. Friends, Family and Giving—I do feel that most people are pretty good at checking in with the ones they love most this time of year. I love sitting with friends over some drinks, playing board games with my nieces and nephews, and even seeing people get together to give love to local charities. I’m currently working on a kick-ass project with some of the coolest chicks in Columbus, OH, and all for charity (can’t wait to tell you all about it!). I don’t think it would have come together this fast any other time of year.
What about you? Why do you love the holiday season?
- fun times
- guest post
- wise words