Because I Deserve It

I love myself.  I do.  And when I have been having a tough week, I like to take care of myself.  Because if I don't, who will?  These are a few of my favorite things to do for myself.  Or have someone do for me:

A Massage.  I am in general not a fan of having strange people touch me, BUT.  I love getting a massage. I love having a nice, quiet space to just be.  I love having someone expertly press on that ridiculous knot in my back that I swear that evil work chair has given me.  I love that I don't have to do ANYTHING except turn over.  I even love the plinky relaxation music, which normally would have me punching the scan button on my radio.

Doing My Nails.  Plain nails are a sign that I've been neglecting myself.  I love vibrant nails.  There are so many options for color and even texture [matte nail polish, glitter nail polish, suede nail polish, good old glossy nail polish] that I'm almost stymied by my choices.  But every Sunday night, I sit down and watch something vapid and do my nails.  And then I'm stuck there until they dry - unable to do the dishes or pick up laundry.  Damn.  I am NOT a fan of someone else doing my nails, because I can't stand the smell of that stuff, and if I want someone to touch me for that long, I'd rather be having a massage.

Reading a Book.  I love books.  LOVE them.  And my biggest treat is getting a new book.  It doesn't have to be something erudite or educational or uplifting.  It can be trashy and silly.  But a new book always puts me in a great mood.  Plus, I don't have to worry that someone borrowed the book from the library and read it on the toilet.  Gross.

Those are the things that I do to treat myself.  What do you do?

Posted by Suniverse.

7 comments:

Tonya said...

Ummm...now I will never rent another library book...ever....
I eat cheese when I treat myself since really (as lactose intolerant) I'm not supposed to but I LOVE pizza so I just give myself over to the pain once in awhile. Totally. Worth. It.

Suz said...

I love all of those things too. I also love my TV time and my gym time.

For your nails, try this stuff called Out the Door- its a top coat that dries your nails super duper fast!

magnolia said...

eat a mounds bar.

buy myself new lingerie. (i think it was my first job - victoria's secret - but i LOVE pretty underwear.)

seduce my boyfriend.

drink good wine.

new fashion said...

I think you've officially ruined my appetite for library books. Will be looking into getting a massage in the near future though. Thanks! :-)

Anonymous said...

Book store employees placing books on display probably just came out of the restroom without washing their hands. Same goes for book sellers on second hand.:p

Anyway, I usually treat myself to chocolate and film score music.

Sadako said...

I feel vaguely guilty for all the library books I've taken into the bathroom with me.

But hey, I think library books are a way of boosting our immune systems or something...

singapore florist said...

love the photo :D
i really too having this list i deserve.

Love from Valentine day flowers :)

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

List Lovers Unite

Send an email to listaddicts(at)gmail(dot)com to join the Secret Society of List Addicts
List of Members Secret Society of List Addicts Facebook Group

Top Secret Missives

Enter your details to receive occasional messages from the Secret Society of List Addicts:

Name:
Email:
Subscribe Unsubscribe