New Year, New You, Same Old Job


 There are two times of the year that I crave the new -  more than I usually do at other times of the year.  One is the New Year, because duh.  The other is when school starts in September.  I think this may be because I am a sucker for school supplies, but also because there is that possibility of becoming what you want, taking a new direction.  I'm done with school [way done], but I still get kind of daydreamy about starting a new career. Here's what I'd be if I had the option:

Architect.  I am no mathematical or spatial genius [I continue to bump into walls and doorways that have existed in their present places ALL MY LIFE], but I love the idea of creating a space.  Particularly when I am faced with the ridiculous lack of closets and odd floorplans in real life homes.

Meteorologist.  Growing up, I had no idea this was a real thing, but if only I had!  I love the weather.  Love it.  I could watch The Weather Channel for HOURS and I know which weather person on which local channel will give me the straight dope on what's coming our way.  To be part of that magic?  I want in.


Dictator.  Benevolent, to be sure, but I would be awesome with unlimited power.  Trains would run on time.  Trash would be picked up.  I'd have a palace.  Sure, there would be uprisings and intrigue and probable assassination, but I think it might be worth the trade off of having EVERYONE and EVERYTHING at my beck and call.

Thinking of a new career?  Which one?

Posted by Suniverse.

7 comments:

magnolia said...

benevolent dictator? aagh, you totally stole mine! though there are days when i wouldn't be so benevolent...

Shelley Malone said...

Doctor - yes, I'm smart enough, I just never APPLIED MYSELF.

Artist - probably good enough, I just like having an actual paycheque.

Contract killer - I bet I would totally rock this job.

Abi said...

Aside from the obvious ones like singer, artist and gazillionairess philanthropist? I fancy...

Riding School Owner - I wanted to be an instructor until I realised they're poorly paid, do hard physical work and are outside in all weathers. Being the boss sounds far more appealing ;)

Estate Agent - I'm uber nosy about other peoples' homes and love checking out property sites online. I think being an estate agent would be great, I'd get to meet loads of people and look round their houses. Fun times :)

Supreme Empress of the Milky Way - since the role of benevolent dictator has been filled, I rather fancy ruling the whole galaxy ;)

nikki said...

Great American Novelist - lack of talent and work ethic be damned!

Professional athlete (any sport) - soft body, lack of talent and lack of work ethic be damned!

My lack of talent/work ethic means I'll be mid-level cube dweller my entire life. I'm really sorta OK with that....

Watch Movies and TV Series Online said...

It really impress the your articles. Very informative one that I'm sure very useful to the readers. Thanks for sharing. I really relate it

kate said...

Some days I dream of being a travel agent, teacher, shop keeper/owner or detective.

HM said...

Rock star! Alas, I cannot carry a tune in a bucket or whatever that saying is.

However, I still feel that filmmaker/actress/screenwriter is still in my future. *fingers crossed*

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

List Lovers Unite

Send an email to listaddicts(at)gmail(dot)com to join the Secret Society of List Addicts
List of Members Secret Society of List Addicts Facebook Group

Top Secret Missives

Enter your details to receive occasional messages from the Secret Society of List Addicts:

Name:
Email:
Subscribe Unsubscribe