Movie Quotes That Should Become Memes

Sadako is a twenty-something New York City denizen. She enjoys children and YA lit, making fun of bad movies, and blogging at Dibbly Fresh.


Movie quotes are everywhere. And these days, if they're popular, they don't just become part of a yearbook page: they become memes. Here are some great quotes that have already become memes and some that need to.

"Veggiesaurus, Lex! Veggiesaurus!" Jurassic Park

Jurassic Park has created its share of memes--"Clever girl" and Newman squealing at shaving cream come to mind. But the above meme has to happen. The meatless diet reigns supreme among hipsters. And admit it: the 5 year old inside of you still loves any dinosaur mention.

"Four for you, Glen Coco. You go, Glen Coco." Mean Girls

So many people get their inspiration from baby names. Think of the little girls named Madison from Splash and the fact that many kids may be named Max from Where the Wild Things Are. To counteract these rather dull names, I personally hope that Glen Coco gets some recognition.

"I'm six five, I weigh 220 pounds, and there are two of me." The Social Network

This one works on so many levels. It has to become the new You're the man now, dog! (And not just because I love using the term "Winklevi so much. Well, OK, partly.)

"Does versatile mean full of eggs?" Charlotte's Web

Oh, Wilbur, I know what it's like to be small, pink, clingy, and behind on my SAT vocab prep. I personally advise using this quote when you want to pretend that, dude, you totally knew that nonplussed meant confused, but you were just pretending you didn't. It's not as well known as some of the others, but for those of us confused by big words, it needs to happen.

"Can you just hold on for a second, I'm on my hamburger phone." Juno

Yes, Juno could get tiresome. And yeah, I think the hamburger phone gag is too twee for words. But something needs to replace the quacking duck phone that Snooki and JWoww are so partial to.

What other movie quotes need to make the transition into memes?

9 comments:

nikki said...

Oh hell yes. I'm going to use the Charlotte's Web quote whenever I don't understand a word. I have a big problem of reading a big word, assuming I understand what it means in context, then trying to use that word in real life and ending up embarrassed because I used it totally wrong.

My building sucks for cell reception and I sometimes refer to my cell as my hamburger phone. I don't think anyone really gets it -I guess Juno references aren't ubiquitous enough.

Cecelia Winesap said...

I caught you a delicious bass - Napoleon Dynamite

magnolia said...

oh, serious points for the "charlotte's web" reference. love that.

Cassie said...

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/glen+coco

Sadako said...

Good one, Cecelia. Forgot about Napoleon.

Glad other people remembered "Does versatile mean full of eggs?" That one sticks in my head at the most random moments.

hungryandfrozen said...

I love that Glen Coco quote...in fact Mean Girls doesn't so much have a script, as a collection of meme-worthy, heavily quotable sentences.

Belle said...

This is great! What about:
"I love lamp!"from Anchorman.
and
“He's a disco-dancing, Oscar Wilde-reading, Streisand ticket-holding friend of Dorothy, know what I'm saying?” from Clueless.

Anonymous said...

Um..."Clever girl!" is from Contact, not JP.

yanmaneee said...

supreme clothing
bape hoodie
kyrie 5 shoes
jordan retro
steph curry shoes
yeezy shoes
supreme
stephen curry shoes
supreme clothing
yeezy boost 350

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

List Lovers Unite

Send an email to listaddicts(at)gmail(dot)com to join the Secret Society of List Addicts
List of Members Secret Society of List Addicts Facebook Group

Top Secret Missives

Enter your details to receive occasional messages from the Secret Society of List Addicts:

Name:
Email:
Subscribe Unsubscribe