As a follow up to last week's post, here's my take on the Best Comfort Drinks!
1. Hot chocolate--Part childhood drink, part decadent splurge, hot chocolate is the go-to drink for a cold day. And, while the powdered kind is fine, the REAL kind, in a real chocolate shop where they say, "What flavor would you like?" and you get to choose between milk, dark or white and they take a giant chunk of your chosen chocolate and then just pour steamed milk over it and it melts all over and you're literally drinking HOT CHOCOLATE...oh my, excuse me...I think I may need a moment.
2. Red wine--Bad day? Fight with a friend? Or maybe you're just feeling romantic? Red wine tastes great, goes down warm, and helps relax even the most frazzled mood (or spice up a dull one!).
3. Ridiculously expensive specialty coffee from a horrid chain store--Ok, we all know that
4. Cheap beer that flows like water--Look, if you're a beer snob, you don't want to waste a super tasty beer on tears and bitterness. No, you want something that goes down fast and easy, something your poorer friends could buy for you, something that makes you feel--no matter how bad your life is--like you're ACCOMPLISHING something. Line 'em up, 3, 4, 5. You're hardly buzzed, but look what you've DONE.
5. Milk--I love milk. It's good for you. It's great super cold, or heat it up and drink it warm before bed. It goes well with cookies or PBJ, and even though it's healthy, it can make you feel like you're being just a bit decadent. "I'm not drinking water or diet soda tonight! Oh no, it's MILK for me!"
What's your favorite comfort drink?
- fun times
- guest post
- wise words